This is the original photo (again, taken with my phone, so it is really bad!) I had just done the chest here, after more tips from Kelly! I am very pleased with how the chest has gone so far and it feels like another little milestone has been reached!
I took out as much of the background I could initially in order to make the sculpt clearer. I wasn't able to do a very good job as I am using GIMP instead of photoshop here, and I do not have my graphic's tablet handy... But you get the idea.
I then flipped the photo, so you actually see the model in a totally different perspective. This is like the trick I do where I look at my artwork through a mirror to see if it looks ok, this goes for painted models, portraits and this sculpture, only when you flip an image on the computer it is there permanently and you are able to play with the photo experimentally. After some tweaking (but not much, I didn't spend ages because the problems became clear!) I flipped the sculpt back and he looked like this:
It may not be very obvious, but I am aware that the shoulder wasn't big enough and needs to come back slightly, he has a lot on his top line and his croup seems too prominent, as well as his back leg seems to almost be broken!!
So it is still a long way to go... But the fact that I can see the finish line is in sight is a lovely warm feeling!