The medallion is finally unveiled!
As with every sculpt project I do, this one was also a learning curve and I learn so much every time.
With a week to go, I was rather pushed for time for getting the medallion cast and when it came to making the mould I realised the catalyst for setting it was out of date! I did do a test mould though and it worked fine so I got on and made the mould as planned. This was what was created.
The clay original was well and truly wrecked!!
I will paint one of them up to donate to the live show, and there will be 7 others that will be awarded throughout the weekend. They will be given out in some championships and I believe for the medallion class as well.
I want to thank Cat, who is running the show, for giving me the opportunity for supporting her show and her chosen charity for Dementia UK. This charity has a special place in my heart and I feel grateful I could have contributed towards it!