Well, the last (but certainly not least, I hope!) micro was needing his mould being made, in order for him to be cast. That all went swimmingly and before long, I had my first casting.
You can probably tell that this isn't the best casting - and the other side was by far worse! This can be overcome through using some talc on the moulds, which ensures a smoother finish. However, upon remelting this one and trying to cast another... I ended up burning my hand in three separate places, causing a blistering! Oops!
Needless to say, I was ready to give up altogether and just try and find someone else to cast them for me. But the next day, I tried again because I knew what went wrong! And lo and behold, a nice casting.
I have since cast two more Garnets, they are still rough and need some prepping as they are raw, but I will get on with that shortly. I can't wait until I see others enjoy these little models as much as I do!