Wednesday, 17 August 2016

My last repaints of the Month

These two sure attracted a crowd once I finished them! I love how their colour isn't too flashy and
they look realistic as actual horses, just like the real thing!



I gave them both a roman nose each, and I resculpted the mane on the mother. I was aiming for them to be shown as a spanish breed of some form, Perhaps a Spanish warmblood, or even Lusitano for a breed.

I have photos of the foal first.





I was recommended the colour by someone on my Facebook page (thank you!) I was completely stuck for ideas but having them both as chestnuts makes them pop! Here are more photos of the mare.




Unfortunately I don't have anymore photos of the mare because my camera was deciding to die at the time. But I still captured her beauty. This pair are now sold as well, and I hope they enjoy their new home!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to paint anymore for the next few weeks. Not only are we moving house (again!) I am going to Mongolia with the British Horse Society for two weeks to trek across the Mongolian Steppe on the famous native breed with my friend. Excited is a complete and utter understatement! Don't worry, there will be plenty of photos but only after the trip. Because of the extensive camping, I will be taking minimal with me, which means leaving my laptop in the UK. But it won't be long before I am back and sharing my stories with you.

I also would like to point out that I WILL be FINALLY taking commissions on again, after an incredibly long break of 18 months or so. I have fully updated my Commissions page where you can find new prices. I won't be accepting models until October. If you are interested in a commission slot with me, I can start a waiting list so you don't miss out: I know a great deal of people have inquired since I started painting again this month, so I thought I would announce it here.

Take care all, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Clare

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful pair! Colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete