Friday, 20 April 2018

Stablemate WIPs

Upon referring back to this post, I have some updates on how I have been getting on with all of these little ponies!

As inspired by my newest micro mini addition from Maggie Bennett, I thought I could make this one with the arched back a rolling horse. So far so good, I haven't moved those back hooves yet but I do plan to.


This next one is a simpler one, yet I think the change is so effective! All I did was move the two standing hooves so he is floating. I was wondering how to attach him to a base more effectively, but I decided that using a piece of clear rod onto a detachable base was best as it saves me from drilling into his hooves further. Now all he needs is paint!



Just like these two, who also have the same bases. I am rather excited for these dynamic poses!




These next three to show you are ready for paint! I think in this photo there was some more prepping to do but that has all been taken care of now. Now it is time to switch my airbrush back on... All of the horses above need colour ideas, but I think I have colours for the bottom three planned already.



The last one to show you is this Warmblood mare. This is the first time I have ever sculpted a plaited mane and tail. Trust me to do it in a fiddly scale! I am very happy with how it is going. I have stopped for the time being though, as I do need to dremel some ear holes so I can wire reinforce them. But she is going to be one pretty lady!



I know scale-wise the plaited tail is probably too thick but it still looks good in my eyes, so I am not too bothered!

I hope you enjoy!

Clare

1 comment: